Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Go on a scentventure with Cowboy & Cricket Candle Co.

The slogan of Cowboy & Cricket Candle Company says that they create extraordinary scents for extraordinary people. I love candles because they can help create that feeling of hygge that I talked about a few weeks ago. And as someone who loves unique candle scents, when I happened to see that they were selling a candle called "Poe Dameron's Jacket," I was so intrigued that I had to rush over to their Etsy store and buy a candle. Alena and Meredith are not just any chandlers, they are self-proclaimed scentventurists who create popular culture candles.






Image result for cowboy and cricket candle companyAnd these themes aren't anything to take lightly. "Poe Dameron's Jacket" for example, blends the aromas of aftershave and leather, which I can only imagine is how our favorite Resistance pilot smells. Close your eyes and see him in command or envision the scene in The Force Awakens when he sees that Finn has his jacket and know that life cannot get much better in that moment.

When I took a look at the inventory on their Etsy store, I knew that I was going to have to buy something else. They were running a special in which you could get 4 candles for $45 and then I had another coupon so I basically got 2 candles for free. I love a good bargain, so I decided to stock up on some scents for myself and to give as gifts.

My second purchase is called "Steve Rogers." This candle smells like responsibility and freedom. The scent blend is linen and apple pie, but upon my first time opening the tin, I didn't get a very strong apple scent, but allowing it to burn for awhile, I was able to pick it up a bit more. I wasn't sure that I would like that combination, but it really suits. The linen scent isn't overpowering, which I really like. Sometimes you can pick up the Clean Linen candle from Yankee and it just blows you away, but this is subtle and as I said, it blends well with the apple. I'll be perfectly honest when I say that I would absolutely burn Poe Dameron's Jacket and Steve Rogers at the same time, because, let's be honest, I'm sure that Steve also smells of aftershave and leather.

Those were the two candles that I was most excited about, but I picked up three other candles that I think are pretty cool. "Persephone" smells like sage, pomegranate, and rose petals. Persephone, of Greek mythology, was goddess of the underworld, but also of springtime, flowers, and vegetation. It really speaks with the scent of the candle. "Bibliochor" smells of hot tea and old books and "Mr. Darcy's" scent profile is Earl Grey and ivy. The latter, of course, is straight out of the pages of Jane Austen and I'm here for it.

They have a Star Wars line including "I Love You, I Know," "General Organa," and "Kylo Ren." You can buy the set for $40.

It feels really good to support small businesses and entrepreneurs and it feels especially good to support woman-owned businesses, especially nerdy crafters. I'm strongly considering their wax melts subscription box. For $10 a month, you can get a tray of 6 wax cubes in the mail. They use sustainable, natural soy wax and phlalate-free fragrance oils. You can rest assured that your purchase is environmentally friendly and kind to your pocketbook as well.

I can't express how happy I am with this purchase. Cowboy & Cricket (named for two adorable dogs, by the way) is a company provides an excellent product to its customers and cares about the geek community. You can find them on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on a scentventure with Cowboy & Cricket Candle Co.

The slogan of Cowboy & Cricket Candle Company says that they create extraordinary scents for extraordinary people. I love candles bec...